“Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” Brian Tracy. These words were stuck in my head last week, just like a very popular song that you’ve just heard on a radio and now you’ve been singing it for couple of days. However, this time they were more than needed. Yes, I do remind and surround myself with some inspiring quotes if necessary, – as long as they do help me not to loose the sane mind or simply stay motivated. And this time they did! If you follow me on instagram, then you already know that we had something unexpected coming last week, which was actually quite stressful and not so positive. I’m not going to get into details as there’s nothing so very special to be talked about, all that I can say is that we needed to look for a new home and so we found it! In this case having a peace of mind actually leaded to some great results, so that’s why it’s so important and something you should consider if you haven’t yet! ;)
This time having a peace of mind helped me to stay on track with the work tasks, eating well, still exercising and sticking to the plan. Yes, I’m that kind of person who usually gets really frustrated by some stressful situations and can be very sensitive. Which means that I tend to loose weight, be very moody, negative, and quite annoying actually. Thanks God, not this time! Instead, I was treating myself with some chocolate cake and manifesting a bright future. As well as having good laughs about the whole situation and not so very exciting changes that we needed to go through. And that worked even better than expected! Now we have our own apartment, which is even bigger than the previous house we were renting, as well as it’s just couple of minutes from the beach, which I can see from my workspace window! Yes, I finally got to have my own separate room where I can concentrate on work for 100% without anyone to disturb me. Only just the ocean, haha :)
The room isn’t that big (as you can see in pictures), however it’s really enough! I only wish I’d have more space for the photography, but for now it will do, really! Oh, not to mention it’s quite stylish, and yet I find it very inspiring :) More of the whole apartment you’ll definitely get to see on my instagram stories or even on this blog. While now let’s talk more about that peace of mind!
So what is peace of mind?
Peace of mind is a state of mental and emotional calmness, with no worries, fears or stress. In this state, the mind is quiet, and you experience a sense of happiness and freedom.
Such peaceful moments are not so rare. You have experienced them in the past, at times when you were engaged in some kind of an absorbing or interesting activity. The one that takes away the mind from its usual thoughts, worries and constant thinking, replacing them with inner peace. Usually, this state lasts for only a while, but we enjoy it while it lasts.
The question is, how to bring more peace of mind into our life, and more importantly, how to experience it in times of difficulties and ordeals, or even whether it is possible to turn it into a habit, and enjoy it always and under all circumstances? Actually, there are a few things you can do to enjoy more peace in your life, and in time, you might gain the ability to experience it quite often.
Here I’ve got few of those:
• Minimize the time you spend on reading newspapers, social media or watching the news on TV. Since most of the news are negative news, and you cannot do anything about them, why should you think about them and feel stressed and anxious? The same with social media – if there’s something that makes you feel bad about yourself, do not allow them to appear in your life!
• Stay away from negative conversations and from negative people. You don’t want their thoughts and words to sink into your subconscious mind and affect your moods and state of mind.
• Don’t hold grudges. Learn to forget and forgive. Nurturing ill feelings and grievances hurts you and causes lack of sleep.
• Don’t be jealous of other people. Jealousy means that you have low self-esteem, and therefore, consider yourself inferior to other people. Jealousy and low self esteem, often, lead to lack of peace of mind.
• Accept what cannot be changed. This saves a lot of time, energy and worries. Every day, we face numerous inconveniences, irritations and situations that are beyond our control. If we can change them, that’s fine, but this is not always possible. We must learn to put up with such things and accept them cheerfully.
• Don’t dwell on the past. The past is not here anymore, so why think about it? Let bygones be gone. Forget the past and focus on the present moment. There is no need to evoke unpleasant memories and get immersed in them.
• Learn to be more patient and tolerant with family, friends, co-workers, employees, and everyone else. Oh, this helped me heaps of times, since I’m not very patient when it comes to other people, but I’m learning and finally getting there!
• Don’t take everything too personally. A certain degree of emotional and mental detachment is very helpful. On many occasions, it would be useful to inject a certain measure of detachment and non involvement. This would bring into your life more peace, harmony and common sense.
• Learn to focus your mind. When you can focus your mind, you can more easily reject worries and anxieties, refuse to think negative thoughts, and reduce the constant chatter of your mind.
• Meditation is not everyone’s cup of tea, but if you have the time, and are willing to try it, even just a few minutes a day will make a difference in your life. You will become more peaceful, relaxed and happy. Try headspace!
So again, these all above worked for me. I highly invite you to try them, as there’s definitely no bad outcome. However, since we all are individuals – you might add up something that you think could affect your peace of mind, and help you to improve! While now – take a look at the pictures of my little office! I’m so happy about it, thus I’m looking for a little single seater couch, hopefully blue to replace the grey one in the corner. I do need a little spot to put my feet up after a long day, and treat myself with cuppa and a book, yo!
SOMETHING FROM THE WEB:
• Well, first of all – Happy Halloween witches! Yay. That is definitely my favorite festive of the year. I don’t get that excited about Christmas, being honest. And yes, I already had the Hocus Pocus movie session with my boy, which is something I absolutely love. Oh, check this hilarious Kids Campfire Halloween themed stories with Anna Kendrick and John Lithgow.
• Since I’ve got a book corner in my office – I also need some addition. In order that Christmas is coming, please, I’d like to receive this one.
• We’ve got to postpone our trip to Margaret River, however we’re doing it this upcoming weekend, yay! I’ve also just added another thing to do on our list, and it’s definitely this one!
• Oh what a beautiful home! Hopefully one day.
• Annnnd this book, pretty please! However, that I’ll probably keep in the kitchen :)
SOMETHING FROM THE ARCHIVES:
• Last week I talked about my journey to healthier lifestyle and balance. If you haven’t read it yet, then give it a go. I think it’s something that you might find inspiring!
• Oh, I’ve got something exciting to wait for! That moto zip crop jacket it’s on the way! Thanks lyst.com once again! :)
• I’ve actually found another organic and all natural BB cream, however La Mav will always be one of my favorites!
WHAT’S EXCITING COMING UP:
Some vegan and natural beauty products review, as well as some yummy & healthy food recipes! I hope you’re excited for these :)
Annnd, how was your weekend? How’s your life lately? Have you got a chance to celebrate Halloween? Oh, I wish we would have had a party or something. I miss dressing up! Hopefully next year we’ll get a chance to have a proper one. And then there’s not much of a Halloweenish vibe here in Australia. I guess for that you need a proper Autumn weather, so hopefully Salem city next year, haha!
Let me know how’s life treating you lately and what you find inspiring. Share all that in comments below and have a great week y’all!