The secret of a productive day starts with a meaningful morning routine. Either you are a night owl whom would like to work long hours or not – you still gotta have a strict time for your next day morning when you’ll be waking up and starting your day. And that should start within routine. Of course, sooner or later you will get bored of doing the same thing daily, and that’s why you gotta throw in some kind of a planning into this, that’s why your mornings gotta be meaningful. I truly believe that there’s no such one rule for everyone’s mornings, the matter of fact – we have to find what’s good for us. In this case – I have few tips and tricks from where to start. Click through for more if You’re interested into starting your day right!
So, how to prepare for a productive day?
• First of all, try to start your day away from all the busyness already buzzing in the world: don’t take your phone and scroll through social media first thing in a morning. Instead – find some time to meditate, work out, stretch, or simply go for a walk or run in a park.
• Throw in some new habits from time to time – don’t make your every morning just the same.
Sometimes I’d first meditate before i brush my teeth, or morning mail reading i would exchange with a book, and breakfast I would have somewhere out in a city.
• Save your energy, and prioritize things in a morning. Make sure the first part of the morning you give completely to yourself, and then once you’re fully powered – start giving that energy to something else.
There’s nothing more frustrating than not knowing from where to start, and what to do first. Prioritizing and organizing helps you to avoid that.
• Focus on one thing at a time. Don’t be too harsh on yourself. If you like morning work outs then while doing them try not to think about the daily tasks. Give some peace for your mind. Think about what good this work out gives to your body and soul. If you’re running in a park – look around, enjoy the nature, breathe in and breathe out.
When it comes to some private time for myself – that can be crucial for me sometimes. Tho living with your other half doesn’t always make it easy, as breakfast together is always a blast – so for that i try to get up earlier than my boyfriend, and have that time for myself.
So usually my morning looks something like this:
• I try to get up around 7 o’clock in a morning. The first thing i do – drink glass or two of room’s temperature water.
• I love to start my day with some proper work outs or stretching. So usually I begin with those, tho everyday I try to do something different: that can be stretching or workout for legs.
• Then i give myself some bathroom time. Brush my teeth and wash off my face with some ice cold water, as well as I take an actual shower.
• Not always, but as often as possible i do meditate at least for a 10min. Recently I’ve discovered new app called headspace and been loving it since then. give it a go!
• A proper bulletproof coffee is definitely a must! Tho i try to switch to some tonic green tea. Not there yet, but soon to be!
• Then i give some time for daily goals, and day’s planning. I would sit down with my coffee, and would write things in my notebook, so i can stick to them for the rest of the day.
• By that time my boy’s usually up, and we have a breakfast together. After it’s I would go through social media, read some news, check my instagram and twitter.
Only after all that i would start working, and that would be around 9-10 o’clock in a morning :)
I always find myself way more productive when i have a meaningful morning, then by the lunch i’m usually done with my biggest daily tasks, and the rest of the day i leave for blog, social media, drawing, reading and inspiration hunting.
John C Maxwell once said: “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
And i couldn’t agree more with that.
Tho some lazy or moody days come over. Then i try not to worry too much, and take a break.
Also, sometimes my body ache’s for some sleep – and i give him that. As long as that is really needed, and makes me happy :)
Let me know what makes your day more productive? What are your must dos in a morning? Share them with me in the comments below!